Monday, November 29, 2010

A Gift for Hailey

I bought some cute holiday cookie cutters (made by Wilton), and thought I would try them out (well, the present shape anyways) for tomorrow.  I started to giggle as I made Hailey's "cheddar gifts".  I thought back to the year that my mom, claiming she didn't have any Christmas ideas for me, presented me with a huge basket of cheese and crackers.  A variety of different cheeses.  I was in heaven.  My mother certainly knew that this silly gift would make me smile.  The cheese basket wasn't the only gift I received from my mom that year, but I absolutely loved it.  My girls have inherited my love of dairy.  Maybe one day, I will give them a cheese basket too.


Hailey's lunch for tomorrow: Cheddar cheese presents, wheat thins, veggie sticks, applesauce with a pinch of cinnamon, strawberries and blueberries, and some marshmallows. 


1 comment: