Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flower Power

Hailey asked for something with flowers in tomorrow's lunch.  Here is what I came up with...


She has flowers (wheat bread, american cheese, and ham centers) with carrot stems and broccoli leaves, half an apple (I used lemon juice to prevent browning) sliced and ready to eat, strawberry-banana yogurt, 2 cookies, and grape tomatoes.

I have to say, the grape tomatoes are DELISH, and fresh out of the garden of one of my sweet neighbors. Hailey actually said she didn't want ranch with these tomatoes - they "are too yummy all alone." Haha!

I did want to include Cailyn's lunch for tomorrow.  It is NOT artistic in any way, shape, or form. However, some  people have been asking what I send for her each day.



On the left is and apple-banana combo, and she will have that with a blueberry muffin (or two!) for breakfast. On the right is her lunch.  She has carrots, a Take n' Toss bowl of applesauce, and on the bottom, is a Corningware dish filled with homemade Mac N' Cheese from tonight's dinner.  Most likely this will not be enough for her, so she will also have snacks of Cheerios ad/or goldfish in addition to her 2 bottles.  I cannot believe she is only 17 lbs!!!!!  I don't know where she puts it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment